A metal roof adds character and curb appeal to your home. Metal roofs come in a variety of looks and styles that are designed to match the intended use of the building. Additionally, metal roofs come in a wide variety of colors to match the current color scheme of your home’s exterior. It is important to understand the type of metal, metallic coating, paint, and other materials that are used for the metal roof. This will allow you to make an intelligent choice about which metal roof panels to invest in for your home. Furthermore, making a wise choice will help you to prolong the life of your new metal roof.
Benefits of Metal Roofs
There are many benefits of choosing a metal roof over a traditional shingle roof. Here are the main advantages you gain by converting your home to a metal roof.
- Fire resistance.
- Reflect heat and keep your home cool.
- More energy efficient.
- Faster installation.
- Wide variety of colors.
- Longer warranties that range from 20 to 50 years.
- Lifetime warranties available for some brands.
Standing seams roofs use concealed fasteners to attach them to the roof of the building. They are typically lower maintenance compared to other metal roofing types. Their concealed fasteners have a lower chance of leaking water due to being protected from the elements. A few reasons you might choose a standing seam metal roof are:
- Modern look for houses.
- Very low maintenance.
- Fasteners are concealed.
- Used for over a century.
- Last from 30 to 50 years with proper maintenance.
- Thicker steel used compared to other types of metal roofs.
5V Crimp is another popular metal roof type used for buildings. Each metal roof panel for them consists of 5 V’s that point upwards towards the sky and hence their name. 5V crimp uses exposed fasteners to keep their cost low. If you’re interested in a 5V Crimp roof, check out their great qualities below.
- Low maintenance.
- Used for several decades.
- Last 30 to 50 years with proper maintenance.
- Very cost effective vs. other types of metal roofs.
Rib metal roofing is one of the most popular metal roofing panels. It is popular because it is one of the most inexpensive metal roofing options for buildings. They resemble standing seam metal roofs, but they don’t have concealed fasteners. Instead, they have exposed fasteners with waterproof washers.
- One of the most popular types of metal roofs.
- Low maintenance.
- Exposed fasteners with waterproof washers.
- Last for 30 to 50 years with proper maintenance.
- One of the most affordable types of metal roofs.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with your metal questions. We can help you make an informed decision whether you choose to be part of our family or not.